Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Post Election Thoughts - Perspective on the Affair

So, McCain lost the election. I was a tepid supporter (really a Mitt Romney supporter) until McCain picked Sarah Palin as his VP and then I was a lot more supportive of McCain. I really like Sarah Palin and would have fun hanging out with her and talking about the world.

My support for McCain grew even stronger as I got to know Obama and his policies better. I seriously hope Obama made a lot of promises he knew he couldn't keep. I really hope he keeps as few of his promises as possible. He's a lot too liberal for my liking.

This morning I was at a mixer talking to some friends and I came to the realization that even though I may not like it, it is a good thing that the other side wins occasionally. The other side winning reminds us of what is great about freedom - our vote counts.

Some of you scratching your heads and thinking your vote didn't count because you lost. Voting isn't about always winning. It is about the voice of the people being heard and implemented. I may disagree with the majority voice, but part of living in freedom is living with the decisions the majority make. So, as part of the American experience, I sometimes don't get my way. As my Mom said, "Life's not fair. Get over it!"

Big winner of 2008 - Barack Obama. No news there.

Biggest loser of 2008 - the media. They hurt their credibility with a huge chunk of Americans, because they were so obviously biased in their coverage. Network news organizations need to remember that not all of their consumers have one opinion (although they may now because of their coverage this year) and there are other news providers out there. Alienate 1/2 of your customers and your business is in serious trouble. Old business model meets new world realities.

Ed Pastor, I'll be calling you often over the next couple of years. You are going to need a lot of constituent feedback to keep you from passing bad laws. Your office is programmed into my cell phone, so I can call you from anywhere.

I think I'm done with posting about political stuff. This is a blog about my business, after all. I really don't care about my clients' politics, just that they get the best service I can provide them. As I am fond of saying, no matter what else changes, one thing that doesn't change is that all businesses have paperwork.

No comments: